The Christmas fair is the highlight of the year at Norsk Folkemuseum. Enjoy Norwegian Christmas traditions, market place, traditional foods, exhibits, concerts, theater, family entertainment - and Santa Claus!
- Market stands with unique, fun, useful, tasty and self-produced goods and products - a rich selection for Christmas shopping.
- Historical houses decorated according to the holiday traditions of their time.
- Christmas exhibition in the Exhibition Hall.
- Horse and carriage starting in Valdres.
- Bonfire at the DNT-cabin.
- Baking "lefse" in Numedal and Telemark.
- The Museum's Folk Dance Group performs in the Open Air Theater.
- Service in the Stave Church 13.30.
- Concert with "Nisseorkesteret" at the Square.
For The Children
- Pony rides starts at Østerdal kl. 12.00 – 15.00
- Try forging and carpentry at the blacksmith's.
- Visit the Farm Animals in "Elnanlåven" in Trøndelag.
- Make your own Christmas Lantern in Trøndelag
- Christmas workshop for kids by the Playground.
Presents and decorations
- Market stands selling traditionally crafted objects and locally produced christmas food.
- The museum shop holds a large collection of christmas decorations, presents, books and copies of objects from the museum's collections.
- Artisans sells silverware and ceramics from their workshops in the Old Town.
- The Chandlery sells hand crafted wax candles
- The Pharmacy sells incense, mustard and other christmas presents.
- The Grocery Shop sells sweets and soap.