Ånund Knutsson Åmlid (ca. 1635-1700) is believed to have built this farmhouse, or stue. He was married to Inger Bjørnsdatter Brottveit (ca. 1645-1670). The shape and furnishings of this house are almost identical to Kjelleberg “old house”. The medieval quality of the house is immediately apparent to anyone entering it, with its open hearth,smoke vent, stamped earthen floor and fixed furnishings. The long, wall-mounted benches are filled with dirt for insulation. A long and sturdy table standsbefore the crossways wall with a long bench in front.
A bed, a kvile, stands in each corner by thedoor. Their great width makes them look shorter than they are, but short, broadbeds were the norm. Pillows were not used – the head rested on a rolled-upblanket. And people curled up together as best they could. The bench with the backrest, the brugdebenk, is one ofthe few movable pieces of furniture. For cooking, an iron pot hung over the hearth from a long wooden arm, the gjøya,which could be swung back and forth to regulate the heat under the pot.
Acquired by the museum in 1895 and rebuilt here in1898.