Jump to maincontent

Farmhouse from Kjelleberg

Valle in Setesdal, ca. 1650-1700

This farmhouse has two units, an open-hearth old part, or gamlestog, and a newer part with a fireplace and windows, called nyestog.The old house was built in the 1650s with three rooms: Main room, entrance andchamber. When the new part was built in the early 1700s, a hall between themain rooms was made from the old entrance and chamber. Here a stair leads up toa loft where the farm’s young people slept.

Aquired by the museum in 1912 and rebuilt here in 1913 .

  • 1/1
    The Farmhouse from Kjelleberg. Haakon Michael Harris / Norsk Folkemuseum