This storehouse, or loft, stands beside the farmhouse from Kjelleberg with its gable fronting on the yard. Built of unusually large logs, it is marked by the high quality of its carpentry and carving. Storehouses in Setesdal, including this one, usually do not have galleries on the ground floor. But as was the custom, there is an enclosed gallery on all sides of the upper floor.
The ground floor, or bur, was used for storing food. The upper floor was where the farm’s best clothing and valuable were kept. Both floors were used as summertime guest rooms and bedrooms.
Acquired by the museum in 1912 and rebuilt here in 1913