This was originally a log house of 1 ½ stories but was later covered in brick. The upper floor has an overhang over the ground floor. The kitchen probably lay in one of the wings. The main building has a high foundation because it was impossible to dig a cellar in the site’s soggy ground.
The gallery along the entire back wall opened onto all the rooms. The gallery posts still bear the fittings for the ladder and fire buckets that were required on all townhouses. The building was taken over as offices fairly early. In the late 1800s, a warehouse was built along the back wall.
Acquired by the museum in 1957 and rebuilt here in 1981